Friday, June 19, 2009

My Summer Vacation

Well Kiddies,

It's June 19th and my vacation has officially commenced!

A few quick notes before I get into my ramblings...

  1. My daughter, Monroe Lenee Bargen, will be 3 months on June 21, 2009
  2. This blog you are in the process of reading will soon be home to an exclusive interview with underground Hip Hop legend, Louis Logic aka Louis Dorley aka Spork Kills frontman!!!
  3. Since my last blog entry, I have been diagnosed with GERD or Acid Reflux or both...I'm not sure...
For those of you who haven't seen Spork Kills debut music video, click here.


Now that we have the specifics out of the way, let me bring you up to speed in a little more detail.

Monroe is vocalizing almost constantly when she is awake. She plays with toys now, not just flailing her arms uncontrollably. She's up to size 2 diapers and in a month, we'll be starting her on Rice Cereal. Wow, this is going by so quickly...


I recently "spoke" with Louis on Facebook chat and there's a lot going on with Spork Kills. Since their video did so well on MTVu, Liquid Lightning Energy Drink has agreed to be their sponsor. This will hopefully mean a mixtape in the future and possibly a re-release of the EP? Ooo, and maybe a tour with the full band?




Apr 23, 2009PIZZA HUT #3111 34.99

That's how the line appears in my banking statement. This was the last meal that the "old Sean" ate. After this meal, I had the worst indigestion I've ever had. Never felt 100% since.

I bought some Gaviscon, then moved onto London Drugs brand Acid Reducer. After I realized that wasn't working, I went to see my doctor. He declared me to be GERD-y and put me on Zantac (the brand name equivalent of the LD Acid Reducer).

Suffice it to say, that didn't work. But a woman from my work let me try one of her Pariet (it's a Proton Pump Inhibitor, the next step beyond acid reducers). I felt like it helped...a lot.
So, I headed back to my doctor to get a Pariet prescription. 05/27/09 was when I had the prescription filled. It's not working. I still feel like my acid reflux is totally dictated by my diet.

I was scoping some Tums the other night at work and spoke to a pharmacist. She told me that I could take the Tums for relief until I see my doctor. She also told me to double up on my Pariet, one in the morning...one at night.


It's 2 in the morning now and I feel a little...discomfort. But I haven't had any crazy indigestion from dinner...which is good considering I had: Red Robin Jalepeno cheese stick, a Teriyaki Chicken burger with fries and their new peach lemonade. I feel like I should be feeling a lot worse.


Maybe the pharmacist was onto something?


Thursday, I go for a physical...we'll see how I feel. I might ask for a gallbladder ultrasound...or a scope. I really don't know at this point...



No comments:

Post a Comment